De: "Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters" <mmasters redhat com>
À: "Julien Garet" <julien garet inria fr>
Cc: dev lists openshift redhat com
Envoyé: Vendredi 30 Novembre 2012 16:36:01
Objet: Re: openshift origin : mongodb cartridge

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 11:31:06AM +0100, Julien Garet wrote:
>Hi !
>

>I've finally succeeded in setting up my own PaaS with openshift ! It works great ! I've enabled console and ldap authentication, tested jenkins all worked great. The only thing missing for me is mongodb. The mongodb cartridge has disappeared since first releases.
>I've seen the spec file is available in the github git tree, do you think it's safe to build it and install it ? Mongo packages are in version 2.0 and cartridge is now version 2.2, are packages for mongo 2.2 available somewhere ?
[...]

I am interested in learning more about building custom cartridges and
improving the existing documentation.

There is some old documentation for building custom cartridges[1],
OpenShift Origin indeed has a a spec file for MongoDB 2.2[2], and
MongoDB 2.2 is in the epel-testing repository, so I will spend some time
today trying to build that cartridge with OSE 1.0 in RHEL6 using MongoDB
from epel-testing.  I can let you know how that goes for me.

If you are also working on this, please let me know how it goes!

1. https://openshift.redhat.com/community/wiki/introduction-to-cartridge-building
2. https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/tree/master/cartridges/openshift-origin-cartridge-mongodb-2.2

Best regards,

--
Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters <mmasters redhat com>