Re: Metrics Cartridge at OpenShift Enterprice

Hey Igor - metrics is an *experimental* feature at this point.  It demonstrates some useful techniques, but we don't have a long term design direction around metrics and so we felt including it was premature.

Personally, I'd like to see both traffic based aggregated metrics (web traffic passing to each app, measured at various intervals) and fine grained deep metrics per app be recorded and browsable.  We've been hesitant to dive too deeply into this until we get more feedback from those who are most interested in the origin/enterprise space.

Any exploratory prototypes or proposals from those in the community who are interested would be welcome.  I'd also be happy to summarize some of the points that various folks have made regarding metrics in general as a follow on to this email (although it may take a few days to get to).