Re: Example of /etc/database.connection.conf format

+++ Igor Laskovy [21/12/12 09:12 +0200]:
Anybody?

Igor Laskovy
facebook.com/igor.laskovy
Kiev, Ukraine
On Dec 18, 2012 11:12 PM, "Igor Laskovy" <igor laskovy gmail com> wrote:

Hello all from frozen Kiev!

In this chapter<https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/OpenShift_Enterprise/1.0/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#sect-OpenShift_Enterprise-Administration_Guide-Providing_Custom_Resources_and_Settings_to_Applications> has
mentioned the /etc/database.connection.conf file, but in the real
installation it's missed.

Hi Igor!

What that documentation is showing is how you can create arbitrary
configuration files and then expose them to gears on your nodes.  I
wrote a blog entry on this a little while ago that shows one way to
integrate tools such as Puppet and Chef with OpenShift:

https://brenton-leanhardt.rhcloud.com/?p=25

At a high-level this means you can create a configuration file
anywhere you want (storing anything you want) and then source them in
via gear hooks.

Let me know if you need a little more explanation.  In short, you are
free to ignore that section of the documentation until you need some
way to expose custom settings to gears.

--Brenton

Can anybody show right example format of this file?

I need to do access to MongoDB replica set from outside OpenShift.

--
Igor Laskovy
facebook.com/igor.laskovy