Re: RedHat devs introduction?

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Dr Nic Williams <drnicwilliams gmail com> wrote:
Hey Mark!

I'll try to find time to go through your "build your own" docs as that's obviously very interesting :)

Be gentle Nic :-) You may note that "Tech Writer" isn't on my resume.  I'm certainly interested in hearing what you think of the wiki docs and the BYOP page specificially.   It is an active work-in-progress.  It may need to be broken down some more soon as it's getting a bit big to manage with the Drupal/Mediawiki web editing tools.

The things I think it needs in the way of content are:

1) Some kind of confirmation test at the end of each significant step.
2) Highlight the DDNS provider "negotiations".  Without real DDNS it's just a toy.
3) An alternate setup with the components on separate hosts to highlight the interfaces and communication.
4) More explanation of the configuration elements of the broker plug-ins
5) A link to a separate page(s) on the node->cartridge interface which would also link from a cartridge development how-to
  (there's some existing information on that, but a nice tutorial example would help)

I'm already wishing for ponies with my time in that list...

Do you have anything you want illuminated? Or anything you've found that others might find useful (The wiki is writable by members after all...)

- Mark

What is the history of OpenShift team?

Nic

Dr Nic Williams - VP Developer Evangelism
Engine Yard
The Leading Platform as a Service
Mobile: +1 415 860 2185
Skype: nicwilliams