Re: Hosting & deploying OpenShift

Matt, thanks for the answer (I hadn't seen tito before, and hopefully alleviates my "I've never been a RHEL person; how do I make packages?!" thoughts). So you package up OpenShift source code (crankcase, etc) into RPMs and then install them onto deployment VMs via the packaging system?

I'll ask my question from a different direction to flesh out the other part of the question.

RedHat created/sponsors BoxGrinder & DeltaCloud - to create VM images and to provision them on IaaS. These concepts don't appear in OpenShift. Are you using them to provision your own VMs for your hosted OpenShift?

I assume that your hosted OpenShift, and others who run OpenShift on their own infrastructure (powered by the might of the $1B RHEL products, no doubt!), will have OpenShift running across a cluster of machines/VMs. A cluster that will grow with time, and all who's VMs/machines will be replaced/upgraded etc. Are you using a system built on BoxGrinder/DeltaCloud or something else?

Nic

Dr Nic Williams - VP Developer Evangelism
Engine Yard
The Leading Platform as a Service
Mobile: +1 415 860 2185
Skype: nicwilliams