Idea: OpenShift auth plugin to use OpenStack KeyStone

Last night I was at an OpenStack meetup.

The presentation was about KeyStone, which is the new OpenStack auth framework, and was presented by Joe Heck, who is the project lead for KeyStone.

While making his presentation, he mentioned that KeyStone auth services are available not only for the "deep components" of OpenStack, such as Nova and Swift, but also available to any service or application running on top of OpenStack.  He specifically used as an example "with the right drivers, an OpenShift PaaS running on top of OpenStack could use the KeyStone for it's own authentication system".

I think that's an excellent idea, and shouldn't be too hard to code up.

..m