Re: openshift origin : mongodb cartridge

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 11:31:06AM +0100, Julien Garet wrote:
Hi !

I've finally succeeded in setting up my own PaaS with openshift ! It works great ! I've enabled console and ldap authentication, tested jenkins all worked great. The only thing missing for me is mongodb. The mongodb cartridge has disappeared since first releases.
I've seen the spec file is available in the github git tree, do you think it's safe to build it and install it ? Mongo packages are in version 2.0 and cartridge is now version 2.2, are packages for mongo 2.2 available somewhere ?
[...]

I am interested in learning more about building custom cartridges and
improving the existing documentation.

There is some old documentation for building custom cartridges[1],
OpenShift Origin indeed has a a spec file for MongoDB 2.2[2], and
MongoDB 2.2 is in the epel-testing repository, so I will spend some time
today trying to build that cartridge with OSE 1.0 in RHEL6 using MongoDB
from epel-testing.  I can let you know how that goes for me.

If you are also working on this, please let me know how it goes!

1. https://openshift.redhat.com/community/wiki/introduction-to-cartridge-building
2. https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/tree/master/cartridges/openshift-origin-cartridge-mongodb-2.2

Best regards,

--
Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters <mmasters redhat com>