Re: broker rpm - is it really a noarch?

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Troy Dawson <tdawson redhat com> wrote:
Hi,
We have a problem on openshift-origin-broker / stickshift-broker that it
says it's a noarch, and then it has a link to a 64 bit directory.

ln -s /usr/lib64/httpd/modules %{brokerdir}/httpd/modules

This is a bug, but it doesn't (by itself) make the package not noarch.

That just makes the httpd modules available to the broker's http daemons.

What matters is that (one way or another) the broker copies of the httpd get the module binaries it needs.

On an x86 system these would be in /usr/lib/httpd/modules.  On x86_64, the are in /usr/lib64/httpd/modules.  (ugh!)  There should be some way to detect the correct location for modules for the httpd which will be used.  That would resolve the issue.

I guess I'd call the existing behavior a bug.

- Mark

We can continue to keep it a noarch rpm and do some fancy rpm magic, but
the truth is we are fooling ourselves.  If an rpm depends on arch
specific libraries, it should not be a noarch rpm.

And so I ask the question, can I make broker an arch dependent rpm?

Troy