Re: OpenShift Origin Management Console

----- Original Message -----
> > On Sep 27, 2012 12:16 AM, "Clayton Coleman" <ccoleman redhat com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> As of today we've released the Management Console for OpenShift as
> >> part of
> >> the OpenShift Origin open source project.  The console is a Rails
> >> 3.2 engine
> >> that offers the full web experience for managing your applications
> >> and is
> >> integrated into the online service.
> >>
> >> The source is available on GitHub @
> >> https://github.com/openshift/crankcase/tree/master/console - check
> >> out
> >> README.md for how the console works.
> >>
> >> For more info check out the blog
> >> https://openshift.redhat.com/community/blogs/the-openshift-origin-web-management-console-is-open-source
> >>
> >> Clayton Coleman | OpenShift UI lead
> >> (919)754-4982 - Raleigh HQ - 344G
> >>

> Great news!
>
> I've tried to deploy this to the Openshift at rhcloud.com for testing
> (following the instructions at
> https://github.com/openshift/crankcase/tree/master/console#host-it-on-openshift,)
> but I'm getting errors from SASS about not being able to find SCSS
> files in the vendor/ directory.
>
> The error I'm getting is:
> ********* Begin error ********
> Error compiling CSS asset
>
> Sass::SyntaxError: File not found or unreadable: bootstrap/variables.
> This is coming from line 21 of origin.css.scss
>
> If I can fix the problem I'll clone the Github and send a pull
> request, but I've not learned enough about Sass to do this yet.

Interesting - might be that this is a step I forgot to right down.  During push the ruby cart will invoke rake assets:precompile - it could be that I forgot to include a step.  You can compare with http://console-claytondev.rhcloud.com/ which is a slightly older version of the source.  I'll take a look this afternoon and see if I can spot anything.

Any and all pull requests are greatly appreciated! :)