Re: OpenShift Origin Management Console

ExecJS will attempt to load whatever version of JS it can find on your system

Openshift origin includes node.js - when the console is in that env it can use that version of the V8 js engine.  In a dev system therubyracer can also provide it, but because its a gem it will only load if you add it to the Gemfile.

Short answer is that installing node is what most real origin systems will have,  adding ruby racer locally won't hurt, but adding it to the gemfile may not work in all environments.

I pushed a change last night to remove our forced use of the spidermonkey engine in application.rb, which may also help.