Re: OpenShift Internals

Comments inline

-Matt

On 09/28/2012 02:53 PM, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
2012/9/28 Clayton Coleman <ccoleman redhat com>
Not in the docs yet, but is an API we expect to continue to expose and refine.  The console uses this API to show the quasi-topology view of your app.

Ok, i'll try as soon as I recover my password for OpenStack :)

how can I set gears resources like CPU, RAM and disk space? We would like to have some gears set with  1GB RAM and 10GB disk but we haven't seen how to do this.
Our primary approach will be with Linux control groups.  We're actually working on this code right now and hopefully you'll see it drop in crankcase in the next couple of days.  In the meantime, you can read about control groups here:

https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Resource_Management_Guide/ch01.html

And we'll probably surface the default limits in this file:

https://github.com/openshift/crankcase/blob/master/stickshift/node/conf/resource_limits.template

Apache is running in each gears or is a shared instance on the whole node and secured in some way?
Each user has their own process of Apache but the system has a instance that does the vhost mapping to the individual instances.
Is possibile to create custom gears for some users?
If you mean custom in terms of limits, yeah, although probably worth waiting for the cgroups stuff to drop.  If custom in terms of what's installed that would probably be going down the cartridge or quickstart creation path.