Re: OpenShift Internals

2012/9/29 Krishna Raman <kraman gmail com>
Hi,

During scaling up, the broker will look at nodes that support the specified gear size and create a new gear on the node with the most capacity.
You cannot choose an explicit node while scaling.

Can you point me to this algoritm in sources?
I would like to customize it by adding a more check that will always try to use as much nodes as possibile for the same app. Because, if I understand you properly, If I have 5 nodes with free space only for 1 gear more, and a sixth node running the main application gear and 5 free "slots", openshift will scale the app on the same node.

This is no good, an app should be scaled over multiple host, if possibile.