Re: OpenShift Internals

2012/9/29 Krishna Raman <kraman gmail com>
https://github.com/openshift/crankcase/blob/master/gearchanger/mcollective/plugin/lib/gearchanger-mcollective-plugin/gearchanger/mcollective_application_container_proxy.rb #self.find_available_impl will find the node to create the gear on.
https://github.com/openshift/crankcase/blob/master/gearchanger/mcollective/agent/facts/stickshift_facts.rb assembled the facts which are used in the calculations.

What's the relation between OpenShift sold by RedHat and OpenShift Origin?
Are the same product? Because I don't see any mentions abount districts in the docs while I see references here:
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/OpenShift/2.0/html/User_Guide/sect-OpenShift-User_Guide-OpenShift_Architecture_Overview-System_Resources_and_Application_Containers.html

More over, how can I create a "medium" gear or a "small" gear in Origin? Should I define these kind of gears somewhere? If yes, how?

I think that OpenShift can do much more then what is wrote on the docs.

Thank you.