Re: OpenShift Origin in ec2

----- Original Message -----
> I hadn't have this issue.

I can only speak for the last one since that's the one I'm in the process of writing. Note that the reason my work is not on the OpenShift web site directly is that I'm contributing from outside and the stuff I produce isn't "official" in any way, though I hope it reduces rather than increases confusion.

Since writing that blog post I've done some work on getting the EC2 stuff out of the way.  It's a sideline for me, so it's not going quickly. Much of it should probably be replaced with CloudFormations configuration rather than direct interaction with EC2 via the REST protocol.

Most of my work is in Fedora since it's a bit bleeding edge.  There will no doubt be hitches trying work them on RHEL in EC2 but help in finding ground-truth is welcome.

EC2 (and Rackspace and the other Iaas services) provide special challenges which take some mitigation. So far, though OpenShift Online runs in EC2 it isn't really a model for your one-broker-one-node configuration.  I think the most recent oo-install effort is closest to what you need.  It presumes that you already have hosts running at a base level. It then overlays the OpenShift Origin instance over that.  The work I've done on automating EC2 management would be good for providing the base.  I haven't yet worked with Harrison on integrating the two to produce a working service on EC2.  I suspect that will become high priority right after the quarterly Origin release (Coming Real Soon Now).

Certainly we can start up a dialog and work through the process with you if you'd like, here and in IRC.

AWS EC2 management tools (under development, personal): https://github.com/markllama/origin-setup
OpenShift installer tool (under development, "official"): https://github.com/openshift/openshift-extras

IRC: irc.freenode.org  #openshift-dev

And then there's here.