Re: OpenShift Origin in ec2

----- Original Message -----
> Hi Mark
>
> That was quite an interesting post and it helped me with installing OSE in
> ec2-I had referred that for configuring
> Security groups.But I was able to get the job done by using the kick start
> script.
>
> But with origin, I am finding it difficult to understand if I am using puppet
> or oo-install utility
> What else needs to be configured in ec2.

As you may have noted from my multiple posts, EC2 and OpenShift aren't simple beasts.

oo-install is a tool for gathering the configuration information and host information and then integrating that to make a configuration and place it on the target hosts.  It actually uses puppet (or an openshift.sh bourne shell script) to make the changes on the target hosts, so when you're wondering which one you're using, the answer is "both".

The critical thing is the YAML specification file which oo-install produces.  That contains all of the gathered specification information which defines the configurations that will be placed on the target hosts.  I think Harrison's previous email indicated that.  A big part of getting this working is understanding how things fit together and that along with the logs should help.

- Mark