Re: autoscaling

I'm quite confuse, an apache gear with 512mb is able to handle the same number as 1gb gear? if is true, why wouldn't increase apache max_clients conf ?
Just doing the devil's question. Wondering some customer asking: Why wouldn't use larger gears?

2013/1/8 Mike McGrath <mmcgrath redhat com>
On Tue, 8 Jan 2013, Diego Spinola Castro wrote:

> Hi guys, i'm wondering how openshift handles cartridges sizes when autoscaling, looking into haproxy_ctld.rb code i found that autoscaling is based on current sessions and it's hardcoded by 10. What
> happens if i use 1gb cartridges or even 2gb? Does openshift knows that it's a larger cartridge ?

We've been looking for some more real world examples to get better
baselines for these numbers.  Keep in mind you really shouldn't be using
larger gears for more users.  There's some work to be done here to make it
great but you should think of larger gears as the same number of users
needing more memory per user.

        -Mike