Currently I don't have a plan to develop my own ones.

regards
Marek

On 10 January 2013 01:13, William DeCoste <wdecoste redhat com> wrote:
Hi Marek,

The tomcat8 cartridge is currently just a placeholder. Can you describe in more detail what you are trying to develop? Do you want straight java, community Tomcat, or ...? Currently there are 4 Java-based cartridges available - JBossAS7, JBossEAP6, JBossEWS1 (Tomcat6), and JBossEWS2 (Tomcat7).

In general the best place to start for developing your own cartridge would be to copy a similar cartridge and go from there. I'm available to assist however I can via email, IRC, etc.

Thanks -Bill
From: Marek Śmigielski <marek smigielski gmail com>
Date: January 9, 2013 2:32:56 PM PST
Subject: Tomcat or Jboss cartrige on own origin installation.

Hi,

I have build my own openshift installation on fedora 17 thanks to Krishna Raman post. I play little bit with php staff and default cartriges but I would like to try some java one.

Is there any tutorial or instructions how can I build my own cartiges and than install it to the openshift? I notice that there are one project in origin-community-cartridges/openshift-origin-cartridge-tomcat-8.0 and the other in origin-server/cartridges/openshift-origin-cartridge-jbossas-7 but I can't really find any instructions even how to start. I would be glad if you can point me first step and general idea behind installing from sources.

regards,
Marek

Bill DeCoste
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat