Re: Fwd: Tomcat or Jboss cartrige on own origin installation.

Hi Marek,

The EAP and EWS carts are Enterprise carts and I don't beleieve the rpms are publically available. We are working on making the AS7 rpms available in a public Fedora repo. However, you should be able to manually install the AS7 cartridge. There isn't any official documentation but I should be able to walk you through it.

If you are familiar with spec files then the steps you need to follow are in openshift-origin-cartridge-jbossas7.spec

In general these are the steps you need to follow on the node(s):
1) Download and install JBossAS7.1.x into /opt
2) Create a soft link from /etc/alternatives/jbossas-7 to /opt/jboss-as-7.1.x (whatever you installed)
3) Copy the files from the source of openshift-origin-cartridge-jbosas-7 into /usr/libexec/openshift/cartridges/jbossas-7
4) Create the soft links (or copy) the files from the abstract and abstract-jboss cartridges to /usr/libexec/openshift/cartridges/jbossas-7. The details are in the %install section of the spec file
5) Make sure you have maven 3 installed and create a soft link from /etc/alternatives/maven-3.0 to /usr/share/java/apache-maven-3.0.x

On the broker, run the following to clear the cartridge cache:
1) cd /var/www/openshift/broker
2) run `bundle exec rake tmp:clear`

There are a few additional steps to enable mongodb, mysql, and postgresql for AS7 but I suggest getting to the point where you can create a basic AS7 application first.

Thanks -Bill