The expose/show/conceal-port hooks and API will be deprecated as of this sprint

All,

I wanted to send a note out to broadcast our plans for the expose-port, show-port, and conceal-port hooks and corresponding REST API calls.

As of this sprint (scheduled for a January 28th release), the REST API calls for these operations will be considered deprecated, and will return empty data. The REST API methods themselves will be removed next sprint. These operations are now considered implementation details of the scaling component of the platform, and are not intended to be exposed externally.

The core functionality provided by the expose/conceal port cartridge hooks will remain, but will be implemented by cartridge manifest data as described in our new cartridge API documentation (which is itself a work in progress):

https://github.com/jwhonce/node-documentation/blob/master/README.writing_cartridges.md#exposing-services--tcp-endpoints

The official OpenShift cartridges will be refactored to support the new model, and all show/conceal/expose-port hooks will be removed.

All REST API consumers should discontinue the use of the expose-port, show-port, and conceal-port methods.

Any questions or feedback are welcome.

Thanks.

--
Dan Mace