Re: Continuous Deployment

And as a side note rams email the other day floated a very similar concept (a balancer that can bleed between two apps).

Being able to gracefully restart very large apps is desirable - if you can tolerate both being up at the same time then having a new copy of your app, and an old copy of you app (both scaled) that is load balanced by your own balancer.  You can then control the scale up down in a scripted fashion.