Re: Installing Openshift Origins on CentOS 6 Minimal Install

Hi Dennis,

I just successfully setup an OpenShift deployment with separate broker
& node VM configuration last night. I found that the easiest and
quickest way to set this up is through simply using the kickstart
provided here : https://gist.github.com/4053956 (do remember to change
all passwords there)

to use the kickstart:

- download the kickstart file, update and serve it in a local httpd
- ensure that your network have DHCP for the installer to
automatically have network connection,
- boot the CentOS installer, and at the grub screen, press Tab key
For the broker host :
- add ks=http://url.to.kickstart/file.ks
install_components=broker,named,activemq,datastore
For the node host :
- add ks=http://url.to.kickstart/file.ks install_components=node

once both are installed, ensure that the node host uses the broker
host as DNS, and add the node using the command here
https://openshift.redhat.com/community/wiki/build-your-own#Create_a_DNS_Record_for_the_Node

you might also need to ensure that the CentOS machine is using the
latest kernel else you might stumble upon issue of missing
cpu.cfs_quota_us .. at least in my case, the updates that happened
during  kickstart did not add the grub entry for the latest kernel, so
i had to uninstall and reinstall the latest kernel through yum.

thats pretty much what i can recall from the stuff i did last night ..
goodluck! ..