git push workflow and node sync up

Hi,
    I had couple of questions on the workflow.

1. When we git push to the master, how does the nodes get the their git repo updated? Does the git hooks in the master send a message to the broker and that in turn uses mcollective to broadcast the message to the nodes and the gears in turn do a git pull from the master? Or do the Haproxy distribute the code/artifacts directly? I am imagining the nodes have to do a pull from the master.

2. If few nodes get offline and come back up and had missed the new git push, how do they sync up automatically?

Thx.