Re: git push workflow and node sync up

+++ meghdoot bhattacharya [22/01/13 17:47 -0800]:
Hi,
    I had couple of questions on the workflow.

1. When we git push to the master, how does the nodes get the their git repo updated? Does the git hooks in the master send a message to the broker and that in turn uses mcollective to broadcast the message to the nodes and the gears in turn do a git pull from the master? Or do the Haproxy distribute the code/artifacts directly? I am imagining the nodes have to do a pull from the master.

If you look in a scaled gear's git repo you will see a post receive
hook called 'post-receive'.  The chain of events looks like this:

1 post-receive
2 post_receive_app.sh
3 post_start_app function in the abstract cartridge 4 deploy.sh in the haproxy cartridge
5 sync_gears.sh in the haproxy cartridge (rsync)

2. If few nodes get offline and come back up and had missed the new git push, how do they sync up automatically?

I don't know this off the top of my head so let's see if someone else
chimes in.  If not I'll dig into this for you.

Thx.