Re: Scaling of WSGI cartridge on Origin

If this is on origin, there is a script that you can run on the broker host to increase the number of a gears a user can create.  It might be set to three for some reason.

--------
There are often times when you want to increase or decrease the number of gears a particular user can consume without modifying the setting for all existing users.  OpenShift provides a command that will allow the administrator to configure settings for an individual user.  To see all of the available options that can be performed on a specific user, enter the following command:

	# oo-admin-ctl-user

To see how many gears that our *demo* user has consumed as well as how many gears the *demo* user has access to create, you can provide the following switches to the *oo-admin-ctl-user* command:

	# oo-admin-ctl-user -l demo

Given the current state of our configuration for this training class, you should see the following output:

	User demo:
      	consumed gears: 0
        max gears: 100
        gear sizes: small

In order to change the number of gears that our *demo* user has permission to create, you can pass the —setmaxgears switch to the command.  For instance, if we only want to allow the *demo* user to be able to create 25 gears, we would use the following command:

	# oo-admin-ctl-user -l demo --setmaxgears 25

After entering the above command, you should see the following output:

	Setting max_gears to 25... Done.
	User demo:
      consumed gears: 0
      max gears: 25