RE: PUBLIC_IP in node.conf

Public IP was requested for a few very specific use cases where waiting for DNS was undesirable.  It was to be sent back to the client via the REST api so users could consume the gears immediately.

Sent from my Android phone

-----Original Message-----
From: Krishna Raman [kraman gmail com]
To: Luke Meyer [lmeyer redhat com]
CC: dev lists openshift redhat com
Subject: Re: PUBLIC_IP in node.conf

Hi Shoumeng,

I looked through code as well and came to the same conclusion as Luke. For an all-in-one install this will not break anything.

If you create a multi node OpenShift installation, then the DNS server IP will need to be static otherwise DNS lookups will fail.
But other than that we should be able to use DNS lookups for everything else.

In the libvirt container code I am working on, I will be adding IP tables rules which may use this variable, but even there I am
trying to reply on the name of the external interface rather than the IP so you should be safe in the future as well.

--kr