Re: Kerberos 5 authentication for gear access (ssh and ssh+git) - Should this get a PEP?

Hi,

I'm one of the people working on a prototype deployment of OpenShift
at MIT, and we'd be very interested in kerberos authentication to the
gears. We currently have an interesting model where our non-openshift
webservers actually don't look at k5logins, but instead look at a
membership list of principals to authenticate users to group
resources. It so happens that this membership list is an AFS group,
but that's not strictly relevant in this case. I would like to
encourage a design that allows easily managing group-shared resources
if possible. Automatically managed k5logins would likely be adequate,
but I'd hope we could come up with something a bit more pluggable.
Unlike an SSH key, which can be shared amongst users, a kerberos
principal really isn't sharable.

Sincerely,
-Alex