Re: web consoles as broker plugins

----- Original Message -----

> > > From: "Clayton Coleman" <ccoleman redhat com>

> > > Can't really, otherwise you can't include required gems in a sane way.
> >
> > I had an idea. Consider the first answer here:
> > https://blog.engineyard.com/2011/bundler-pro-tip
> >
> > Have the default Gemfile be for the minimum viable app. Probably have to
> > include Rails but not much else - a bootstrap app, which is mainly for
> > dealing with problems at the bundler level.
> >

> +1

Rails is going to try to load your app, which is going to load your initializers.  You also aren't going to get a really clean env, you'd have to fork to do that.  So then you'd have two copies of the process, and startup time gets twice as slow.  I don't see how this would be an improvement in the short term - to handle the bundler failure response, there are other ways we could handle that (rescuing in the Gemfile).