Re: Support for distributed applications

That REST api sounds very sensible and very useful have this in the platform. I'm afraid there are no timelines for this feature yet, so if I want to start work on prototyping Erlang applications internally, what should I do? It's not difficult to create a temporary gearfinder application after all.

Assuming we have solved both the intra-app distribution and inter-app discovery/connections, the next problem will be that we want to specify ensembles of applications. For example a product exists of appa + appb + appc. Each app lists it's internal requirements (endpoints / events) as usual. A meta-repository where you can specify that certain applications should be deployed together. Other users could then pick from this meta-repository a logical bundle that works well together and start to develop on it.