Re: Infinispan/Data Grid with OpenShift

On 7/15/13 1:39 AM, s madathilthattantav accenture com wrote:

Hi All

For one of our  ongoing project in OSE, we are looking into adopting the following  options for caching- Infinispan or Jboss Datagrid.

Need inputs/pointers on couple of things  :

1.       What are the Use case where Data grid  is recommended over Infinispan

The  application impacted is deployed on Tomcat in OSE [jbossews1.0 crtridge] . What is the recommendation for such Use case - Infinispan or Data Grid ?

DataGrid is the supported version of Infinispan. DataGrid goes through extensive QE for each release/patch while Infinispan is the rapidly moving upstream community project. There is currently an Infinispan cartridge and a DataGrid cartridge is in progress.

2.       Taking references  from the following documentation, http://planet.jboss.org/post/data_grid_why

, data grid lives within the app servers in the distributed mode. How does this work in OpenShift

Will It resides in a seperate gear? Is there any documentation on how this can be achieved in OSE

If the framework application (e.g. EWS/Tomcat) is a scaled application then Infinispan will live on a separate gear. If not scaled then Infinispan will live on the same gear.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Shabna

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.