Re: Error can't find gems dependencies

Hi,
That helped me track it down.
I looks like the culprit is here

https://github.com/openshift/puppet-openshift_origin/blob/master/manifests/console.pp

You'll notice that it tries to install the non-ruby193 packages.
rubygem-sass-rails just happens to be the first in the list.

I didn't write this puppet module, but it seems to me like listing all of those rubygem's is overkill. The package rubygem-openshift-origin-console knows what it needs to have installed.

I would change the following

    subscribe => [
      Package['openshift-origin-console'],
      Package['rubygem-openshift-origin-console'],
      Package['rubygem-sass-rails'],
      Package['rubygem-jquery-rails'],
      Package['rubygem-uglifier'],
      Package['rubygem-coffee-rails'],
      Package['rubygem-compass-rails'],
      Package['rubygem-therubyracer'],
      Package['rubygem-rdiscount'],
      Package['rubygem-net-http-persistent'],
      Package['rubygem-haml'],
      Package['rubygem-formtastic'],
      Package['rubygem-ci_reporter'],
      Package['rubygem-minitest'],
      Package['rubygem-mocha'],
      Package['rubygem-simplecov'],
      Package['rubygem-webmock'],
      Package['rubygem-poltergeist'],
      Package['rubygem-capybara'],
      File['openshift console.conf'],

    subscribe => [
      Package['openshift-origin-console'],
      Package['rubygem-openshift-origin-console'],
      File['openshift console.conf'],

Troy

On 07/15/2013 09:54 AM, Jose G N Alban wrote:
Hello Troy,

Thanks for your reply, I tried the following:

 > yum install ruby193-rubygem-sass-rails
 >> Package ruby193-rubygem-sass-rails-3.2.5-2.el6.noarch already
installed and latest version

and after trying to puppet apply again, I received the same error:
 >> Error: Could not find dependency Package[rubygem-sass-rails] for
Exec[Console gem dependencies]

Is there any way I can redirect the dependency path or something like that?

I am following the official Openshift Origin tutorial to setup my own
machine:
http://openshift.github.io/origin/file.install_origin_using_puppet.html#Installing_Puppet

--ja

On 15 Jul 2013, at 15:43, Troy Dawson <tdawson redhat com