Re: The app URL became not reachable after deploying custom war

On 17/07/13 16:03 -0400, Michael McGrath wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Gao" <davidgjm gmail com>
To: dev lists openshift redhat com
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:45:18 PM
Subject: The app URL became not reachable after deploying custom war

Hi there,
I'm a new user to OpenShift and I am trying to a custom web war
(exploded/extracted) file. However, I can never get the URL working after I
finish the deployment. The URL was reachable before I did the deployment.

Unfortunately, I didn't save the console output for you guys. I searched on
the web and found the problem described in the following address is exactly
the same as mine:
https://www.openshift.com/forums/openshift/accessing-the-application-url-post-deploying-war-file-on-jboss-as-71-web-cartridge

Could anyone be kind enough to provide some hints for me?  Many, many
thanks.

If you were getting a 404 after your push, that means jboss failed the deployment.  If you're getting a 503 it means jboss exited, any other error is something else.

What is in your logs?

If you do a "rhc tail <appname> -o 'n<numlines>'" you will get the
output of the logs whithout having to ssh to the gear.  Alternatively,
you could "rhc app ssh <app>" and poke around on the running gear to
troubleshoot further.

Also, if you are deploying a scaled app, you will need at least one
application listening on the root context, otherwise the HA Proxy
layer will not route any traffic to your gears.

--
Jason DeTiberus