Re: JGroups Port in OpenShift

Is this Online or on-premise? Multicast is not allowed on the former. I recommend taking a look at the default config here:
https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/blob/master/cartridges/openshift-origin-cartridge-jbossas/versions/7/standalone/configuration/standalone.xml

selinux by default is going to limit the ports that are open to bind. For an onprem installation, multicast may be allowed depending on the underlying network configuration but the default selinux config will probably have to be modified. If you use the default TCP config, OpenShift will dynamically configure the cluster essentially mimicing the behavior that multicast gives you.