Re: PassengerRoot value seems to be ignored in our gears

Hi Brenton,
You get a big +1 from me.

I'm sorry I didn't speak up about this new "feature" of passenger, but I noticed it when doing the security updates for rubygem-passenger, which was a bump up to version 3.0.21.

Another nifty change in the ResourceLocator.h file is that if you have a Rakefile in your normal gem area, it assumes that it is nativity compiles AND that the resultant binary is in that directory (which it isn't). Some people will notice that the Rakefile is no longer in the -devel package due to this "feature". If you feel slighted by that, be comforted in knowing that the only thing the Rakefile did was build the binary, there was no testing or anything else in it.

Troy