Re: documents about the container environment?

Hey there--

On Jul 25, 2013, at 23:54, "Yan, Shoumeng" <shoumeng yan intel com> wrote:

I noticed some behavior differences when my nodejs app runs in openshift gear and locally, although with exactly the same code.

Are there any documents on the container environment? Especially, how one gear is constructed? What are the differences between a gear and a normal shell environment? What are the gear limitations that users should be aware, compared to a normal shell environment?

There are a couple examples of Node.JS apps that run on OpenShift; here's mine which you can clone as a starting point: https://github.com/nhr/farmstand-nodejs-mongodb-example

But to your question, check out: https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/OpenShift_Online/2.0/html/User_Guide/sect-OpenShift-User_Guide-Node.js.html and you should also be aware of https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/OpenShift_Online/2.0/html/User_Guide/sect-OpenShift-User_Guide-Environment_Variables.html

Cheers,
Harrison

I know I can read the code. But some quick references would be helpful.

Thanks,

Shoumeng