RE: OpenStack PEP

-------- Original message --------
From: Michael McGrath <mmcgrath redhat com>
Date: 07/29/2013 3:08 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: Chris Alfonso <calfonso redhat com>
Cc: dev lists openshift redhat com
Subject: Re: OpenStack PEP

----- Original Message -----

Looks great Chris thanks for writing this up (and to those who helped), a question and a comment:

1)
> Initial Install -> The Second Example:
> "The second example template should include the ability to scale brokers which would include a component to monitor broker utilization, bringing brokers in and out of rotation using Heat's load balancing (haproxy), and cross broker node capacity checking (to avoid duplicate scale events). The job scheduling implementation the brokers use to track scaling events should be used to ensure no duplicate scale up or down events are sent to Heat."

"Using heat's load balancing" is this something provided by OpenStack or something that would exist on one of the broker virtual machines?

It's a separate host managed by openstack, configured by heat.

2)
The abstract is missing notes about authentication and user/group management which will likely be covered in a different pep and should link to that pep.  This actually looks like it's about 2/3rds of the PEP and I'm a little confused why it's grouped in with the OpenStack PEP.

I just gathered info from the authentication thread and overlapped what keystone could do. This PEP has definitely grown in scope.

    -Mike