RE: OpenStack PEP

-------- Original message --------
From: Joe Fernandes <jofernan redhat com>
Date: 07/29/2013 7:40 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: Clayton Coleman <ccoleman redhat com>
Cc: dev lists openshift redhat com
Subject: Re: OpenStack PEP

The Abstract and Motivation sections talk only about installation and autoscaling of OpenShift infrastructure on OpenStack.  But the PEP actually covers other topics like Authentication integration with Keystone, LBaaS integration, etc.

I'll revisit the abstract. We opened up the scooe of the integration after I wrote the abstract.

I think it makes sense to have a broad PEP that covers all the possible OpenShift/OpenStack integration points in one document, but you just need to update the Abstract/Motivation sections to reflect that.  Then maybe clearly delineate each integration point as a separate section and propose a priority (i.e. which ones should be tackled first).

In the Futures section I might also add Ceilometer integration for usage metering, chargeback and monitoring OpenShift infrastructure & apps.  I am also interested where OpenStack is going in areas like Linux Containers support and Heat for application orchestration and how those potentially complement/overlap with OpenShift.

-Joe