Re: OpenStack PEP

On 29/07/13 23:08, Michael McGrath wrote:
Initial Install -> The Second Example:
>"The second example template should include the ability to scale brokers which would include a component to monitor broker utilization, bringing brokers in and out of rotation using Heat's load balancing (haproxy), and cross broker node capacity checking (to avoid duplicate scale events). The job scheduling implementation the brokers use to track scaling events should be used to ensure no duplicate scale up or down events are sent to Heat."
"Using heat's load balancing" is this something provided by OpenStack or something that would exist on one of the broker virtual machines?

I believe this is referring to load balancing provided by OpenStack. Currently, Heat provides a LoadBalancer resource type that creates a separate Nova server running HA proxy behind the scenes. At some point in the near future, OpenStack will get a real LBaaS API and Heat's implementation will switch over (hopefully transparently) to using that.

cheers,
Zane.