Re: rsync mirrors

On 06/10/2013 01:43 PM, Frédéric Mangano wrote:
On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 09:39:47AM -0400, Brenton Leanhardt wrote:
+++ Frederic Mangano [10/06/13 15:38 +0200]:
There are apparently no rsync mirrors for OpenShift’s yum repositories, making potential local repositories hard to maintain. I’d like to know if there are any plans to set one up.

Would reposync in the yum-utils package work for you?

Well, though that would technically do the job, it requires yum with the
proper configuration. On the other hand, rsync is meant for normal users
and doesn’t require any configuration, which makes automation much
easier.

I do agree that having rsync enabled on the server makes it much easier for mirroring, and distributing packages and repos.
I have also watched servers grind to a halt with too many rsync requests.
We will take this into consideration. You are the first to suggest this, so we haven't given it any thought yet.

Troy