Calling expose_port for domain scoped cartridges

Today we only call expose port for scaled applications.  Would it be
possible to also call it for domain scoped cartridges?

Here's the hack I worked with today to prototype my cartridge:
https://github.com/brenton/origin-server/commit/3b86fbba3f8eab6313d35ca336898035a031c3bb

I'm sure there's more to it then that but that does indeed do what I
need it to do.  Is this a feature we could add?

--Brenton