When adding new node, how does the broker authenticate?

Hello,

could someone please point me to documentation or part of the code
which handles authentication of the "bootstrap" operation when new
node (either the first one or subsequent ones) are added to the
OpenShift setup? Enterprise Extras' openshift.sh has
CONF_BROKER_IP_ADDR and Origin has broker_fqdn in the puppet scripts
but how does the node know it is talking to the correct broker?

And while I'm thinking of it -- how about vice versa? Can any machine
come and claim it is now a node for the broker?

Thank you,

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat