Re: When adding new node, how does the broker authenticate?

Nodes gets associated with brokers over mcollective/activemq. This happens immediately/automatically
if broker is configured without districts. If districts are turned on then the node needs to be places into a
district manually.

The security here is mainly in how m-collective/activemq queues and passwords are configured.
Activemq/m-collective auth is used to make sure that nodes/brokers are not randomly claimed/controlled.

The CONF_BROKER_IP_ADDR is used by nodes to make API calls back to the broker. It requires
a gear to be authorized by the broker and per application credentials to be placed in the gear.

HTH
--Krishna