Group-Overrides for scaled plugins

I'm probably missing something obvious but here's my scenario.  I want a plugin
cartridge to be embedded into all of my scaled web_framework cartridges.  Is
Group-Overrides the mechanism to do that?  I ask because something about my
plugin cartridge is not allowing it to be embedded.

Here's a snippet from my manifest:

Categories:
  - embedded
  - plugin
Scaling:
  Min: 1
  Max: -1
Group-Overrides:
  - components:
    - myplugin-0.1
    - web_framework

The next step is find a way to embed this plugin into all gears for a
particular application.  Is that possible without having to modify the other
cartridges' manifests to add a new category?

I'd really like to me able to do something like this:

Group-Overrides:
  - components:
    - myplugin-0.1
    - *

Meaning, "this plugin should be embedded in every gear for this app".

--Brenton