Multi node cluster using Puppet

Hi all,
I'm trying to integrate an university project on top of OpenShift platform.
I'm developing my own cartridge and for the moment I'm testing it on a single VM (Broker+Node) installed thanks to the help of people from #openshift-dev irc channel.

Now I'd like to create new machines (VM images exactly) in order to test my cartridge on multi node environment and I'd like to use puppet (last time it was very easy, thanks to kraman who helped me) to install it.
The problem is that I'm completely new to puppet and I've tried to read its documentation, but I don't know exactly how to create what I need.
I read the last Kraman's post [1] but I can't use vagrant (although it allows to create a "broker+node" machine).
Anyone can help me and maybe any other puppet newbie?

Thank you
Cheers

Fabio Perfetti

[1] http://www.krishnaraman.net/installing-openshift-origin-using-vagrant-and-puppet/