Re: When Pull Requests wedge...???

+++ Mark Lamourine [05/03/13 08:20 -0500]:
I have several pull requests pending that are getting notices from the openshift-bot indicating some kind of incomplete test/merge state:

"evaluated to <commitid>"

"Origin Action Required: Pull request cannot be automatically merged",

However, unless there's an actual test fail there's no pointer in the email or pull-request note indicating where to look to understand the problem.  It's not clear what the issue is let alone how to address it.

Is there a place to look which will indicate what caused the problem and emitted the message?

In the past I've had cases where the branch needed to be rebased to current master, but that does not seem to be sufficient with these:

https://github.com/openshift/li/pull/916

https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/pull/1436

I thought maybe there was some case in which github and our bot could
disagree about the automergeability but looking in
git://github.com/openshift/test-pull-requests.git it seems like all we
do is call github.  From the test-pull-requests code though it does
seem like there are some problems with their mergeability logic.

Following github's instructions on how to manually merge doesn't
return any conflict for me.  However I'm fairly certain github has
their own git implementation and you could very well be hitting a bug
on there in.

I would suggest following up with github.
https://help.github.com/contact

I'm guessing there's something I should have read that I missed.

Any guidance appreciated.

- Mark

--
Mark Lamourine <markllama redhat com>
Sr. Software Developer, Cloud Engineering