Re: When Pull Requests wedge...???

----- Original Message -----
> +++ Mark Lamourine [05/03/13 08:20 -0500]:
> >I have several pull requests pending that are getting notices from
> >the openshift-bot indicating some kind of incomplete test/merge
> >state:
> >
> > "evaluated to <commitid>"
> >
> > "Origin Action Required: Pull request cannot be automatically
> > merged",
> >
> >However, unless there's an actual test fail there's no pointer in
> >the email or pull-request note indicating where to look to
> >understand the problem.  It's not clear what the issue is let alone
> >how to address it.
> >
> >Is there a place to look which will indicate what caused the problem
> >and emitted the message?
> >
> >In the past I've had cases where the branch needed to be rebased to
> >current master, but that does not seem to be sufficient with these:
> >
> >https://github.com/openshift/li/pull/916
> >
> >https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/pull/1436
>
> I thought maybe there was some case in which github and our bot could
> disagree about the automergeability but looking in
> git://github.com/openshift/test-pull-requests.git it seems like all
> we
> do is call github.  From the test-pull-requests code though it does
> seem like there are some problems with their mergeability logic.
>
> Following github's instructions on how to manually merge doesn't
> return any conflict for me.  However I'm fairly certain github has
> their own git implementation and you could very well be hitting a bug
> on there in.
>
> I would suggest following up with github.
> https://help.github.com/contact

Brenton is correct the github api can be a little flaky especially in regards to mergeability.  Just looking over the history of 1436 I see:

Evaluated up to f52a752
Evaluated up to 7fb0a2b
Evaluated up to 2f2339d
Evaluated up to d4ffc0d

So those are all because you are rewriting your commit and repushing it.

And it appears 3 times over 7 days github told us the pull wasn't mergeable.

-Dan