template directory structure

Hi,

following the PHP public dir discussion
https://lists.openshift.redhat.com/openshift-archives/dev/2013-March/msg00079.html

I was thinking of the base cartridge template (and thus also quickstarts) directory
structure. What I think would be simplest and most clear command to deploy any
PHP framework to the OpenShift:

$ rhc app create drupal php-5.3 mysql-5.1 cron --from-code=git://github.com/drupal/drupal.git

Meaning that I'm able to deploy any upstream source code right away without any
of the OpenShift glue files, such as:

.openshift
libs
misc
README.md
deplist.txt
php/<UPSTREAM FILES>

What I propose is putting all of the OpenShift config files to the .openshift/
directory, so the git root directory is always "clear" and compatible with upstream:
.openshift/deplist.txt
.openshift/libs/
.openshift/action_hooks/
.openshift/install_profiles/
.openshift/markers
<UPSTREAM FILES> (could be misc/, libs/ etc.)

What would be the long-term benefit of this? The upstreams would be able to
maintain their own .openshift/ directory themselves and there would be no need
of "<upstream>-quickstart.git" repos! => NO LOCK-IN

I'm looking forward your opinions on this.

- Vojtech

---
Vojtech Vitek
Red Hat, Inc.