Re: template directory structure

----- Original Message -----

I understand your concerns and they make sense to me as well.

On the other hand, I know that mass majority of the PHP developers
have been already dealing with the .htaccess settings and directory
protections. The PHP developers are used to have access to the public
directory only, as it's quite usual on PHP hostings.

We can also make some sort of logic in the build/deploy scripts that
would make the root directory hidden by default when there is no
index.(php|html|..) or .htaccess file in the git root.

And, of course, we can hide the .openshift/ (or any other) directory
by default in <Directory> directives in the Apache *.conf files.

- Vojtech

> But having said that, it does seem users want to use the root
> directory
> and I don't know that I'm the person who should be telling them
> they're
> wrong :).  I will say I don't think I'm a fan of .openshift/libs/
> assuming
> your intention was for application data to be in there, something
> feels
> wrong about that.

In the best scenario, there would be