Re: Python cartridge enhancements

I had saved the following from an OpenShift user list thread some months ago with a Python user that supports both of these...

<snip>
My experience with OpenStack is purely limited to Python/Django.

Forcing the use of wsgi directory requires a re-factor of an existing code base if you're not starting from scratch.  I could also say that you're managing wsgi/application, setup.py, and various files in .openshift << too many places/files -- a singular .yml file would be awesome to declare all this.  Speaking of these files, you require me to specify my requirements...Python best practices is to use pip and a requirements file, so when you're setting up your environment for the first time or deploying, you can do a simply 'pip install -Ur requirements.txt'.  A note, I have a Django project that has 'dev-requirements.txt', 'base-requirements.txt' and a 'prod-requirements.txt'.  'base-requirements.txt' includes everything that can exist both locally on my dev box as well as on the production host.  'prod-requirements.txt' includes 'base-requirements.txt' to install both base and prod requirements.  You should allow me to specify my requirements file and you should install based off that file.  Don't make me create a list that already exists.
</snip>