Scaling In OpenShift -Queries

Hi All

Have some queries regarding Auto Scaling feature with  HAProxy.Any pointer will be really helpful and appreciated.

1.       In the HAProxy status screen , though the status of gears are self-explanatory ,there are lot of other statistics --

·         Is there any description for  the all the statistics displayed in the screen.?

·         Can we have map the displayed  statistics to the  memory usage  to understand when the gears are allocated.

·         As mentioned in HAProxy documentation when the capacity (current sessions / total sessions )is

above 90%,a gear is added. We are not able to map this with the statistics displayed-Can you please let us know what we

should be looking at.

Thread50.png

2.       During Auto Scaling, is a new gear allocated only if there are concurrent session(Multiple Threads).?

For ex:

There is a small auto scaled app created to rapidly consume memory .If this is run in a single thread, it hits Out Of memory Issue and gear goes down.

If this is run in multiple thread mode, auto scaling works and gears are added/removed accordingly. Is this an expected behavior.?

3.       Need confirmation on the same – As per the documentation, The algorithm for scaling up and scaling down is not configurable currently both in

OpenShift Online and OS Enterprise.Is this  deduction right ?Do we have any plans for the same in future.?

Thanks In Advance

Shabna MT

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.

www.accenture.com