Re: Node names in an OpenShift installation

No, it doesn't mean they have the same hostname. It means they have the same host keys.

Git users access their gears via ssh to the gear hostname. That doesn't change even if the gear moves to a new host. What ssh complains about is when the host keys change.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arunabha Ghosh" <arunabha gh gmail com>
To: dev lists openshift redhat com
Sent: Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:09:16 PM
Subject: Node names in an OpenShift installation

Hi,
Going through the puppet installation documentation for OpenShift here, I came across this sentence.

"All node hosts should identify as the same host, so that when gears are moved between hosts, ssh and git don’t give developers spurious warnings about the host keys changing."

Does this mean that even if I have, say a hundred node hosts in my deployment, each node must have the same hostname (like node.mydomain.com ) ?

Thanks,
Arunabha